Friday 5 Marketing Observations – The lessons Jetstar learnt trying to build best-in-class digital marketing
As a Digital Marketing Agency we diving in, on how we take advantage of AI (Artificial Intelligence) & Machine Learning.
I wrote an article How to turn your blog posts into videos with AI (Artificial Intelligence this how we are using Lumen5 to turning our blog post into videos. Go good so far, being added to our blog & YouTube & Facebook.
We are testing Ai in some Google
The lessons Jetstar Learnt Trying to Build Best-In-Class Digital Marketing
Jetstar’s CMO and digital marketing leader share the technology, people, process and personalisation approach behind their transformative marketing efforts
Putting customer requirements first, recognising digital is not just an exercise in mathematics and ensuring better project check-ins are just a few lessons Jetstar’s CMO has taken away from a digital marketing transformation.
Speaking at this week’s ADMA Data Day in Sydney, Jetstar marketing chief, Philip Wade, and his digital marketing manager for APAC, Emma Roberts, shared how the low-cost airline is working to become a best-in-class modern marketing function, and learnings along the way. Jetstar’s marketing team of about 40 staff covers seven languages and 45 different geographies.
So here are my 5 Marketing Observations chosen by running AI (Artificial Intelligence) on our past articles. Let’s see what they come up this week.
My Marketing Observations:
- To get there, Jetstar set up five streams of work: Content creation not ad production, deepening customer understanding, insourcing for effectiveness, aiming for customer experience improvements and excellence in digital marketing…
- Having cemented the foundations of team and technology, including an in-house creative team, Jetstar over the past 12 months has been moving through its channels of communication to improve marketing ROI using personalisation and more targeted advertising…
- Jetstar’s emails have become modular with thousands of configurations, are being fired off dynamically based on trigger-based customer journeys,
includeuser-generated content and are more visually appealing and relevant …
Go Read – The lessons Jetstar Learn Trying to Build Best-In-Class Digital Marketing
The Most Critical Google Ads (AdWords) Trends Of 2019
Search engine marketing (SEM) has been a game-changing marketing tool for companies for the last ten years. But today, creating a simple ad is not enough to keep driving traffic to websites. Search has become so complex that it is prohibitively difficult for the average individual to create a successful search ad.
AdPoint Agency, a premier Google Partner, asked its resident expert and Managing Director, Felix Wenzel, how to build profitable SEM campaigns in 2019. A frequent coach to standing-room-only sessions at the Google Digital Garages in Hamburg, Germany during 2018, Felix outlines some key opportunities and challenges that he expects to see from Google Ads in 2019.
My Marketing Observations:
- The update from Google AdWords to Google Ads brings many new features, including more automated and smart options, like Smart Campaigns, with new and updated tools integrated directly into the Google Marketing platform…
- If your target groups are not precise, there is a risk that internet users will click on your ad and then just as quickly decide that they are not interested in what you are offering. For you, this not only means wasted ad expenses, but also a lower Google Ads ranking….
- Experts who are familiar with the platform will easily take advantage of the new platform’s features, thus gaining an advantage over both manually created and automated ads
Go Read –The Most Critical Google Ads (AdWords) Trends Of 2019
Survey Says That Marketers Are Excited About The Potential of Ai – But Where Does It Have Impact?
Are marketers excited about AI? That’s an obvious question with an obvious answer. But how are they using it – and which use cases show the most promise? A new report on AI in B2B marketing has some surprises.
The State of Artificial Intelligence in B2B Marketing is a new study from Demand Metric, Demandbase and Salesforce Pardot that examines what marketers are thinking about the potential for AI in their work.
The short answer according to this study? Marketers see AI transforming marketing as we know it.
Marketing sees the need, but adoption is still in the works
- Your marketing and sales teams might be looking for more efficient ways to gather insights about target audiences so you can better reach them, influence the buying cycle and close a deal…
- FThe skills barrier is an important challenge, and I was curious to know what a marketing team needs to do to either up skill their team or what skills they need to bring into the team through a new role…
- It’s a part of technology, and every vendor is looking at how they can incorporate it to make their software work smarter
Go Read –Survey Says That Marketers Are Excited About The Potential of Ai – But Where Does It Have Impact?
How To Overcome The Most Common Hurdles In Customer Journey Mapping
Note: We’re celebrating the upcoming launch of our new book “How Hard Is It to Be Your Customer? Using Customer Journey Mapping to Drive Customer-Focused Change,” by Mapper-In-Chief Jim Tincher and B2B Practice Lead Nicole Newton. We’re using the launch as a cheesy excuse to walk through the Five Journey Mapping Questions.
We often get calls like the one we received from a health insurance organization a few months ago, that say something like “We’d like to map the end-to-end journeys of our members (the end customer), the broker, the employer, and our employees.
- This is exactly where businesses most often land into a pitfall, as they try to identify, isolate and focus on a particular flaw in the journey, that deals with just one silo area of their business, when in reality the true purpose of Customer Journey Mapping is to change our outlook as an organization using a CLM CRM software…
- You need to look at operations, executive leadership and human capital as well, to remain certain that the total customer journey from end-to-end with your brand and at every single touch points is associated with the process…
- Implementing a customer-focused mindset in the organisation companies need to look at what is just and right for the customers, rather than what is proper for their systems and processes that they have already implemented and had in place in their company, which is one of the key reasons why organizations do not always completely embrace Customer Journey Mapping in their businesses…
Go Read –How To Overcome The Most Common Hurdles In Customer Journey Mapping
How Analytics Is Reinvigorating Retail
Since the mid 1990s when Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com to sell books online, and Pierre Omidyar created eBay — enabling everyone to sell everything — new business models have threatened to destroy the traditional retail economy. To remain successful, brick-and-mortar retailers must offer personalized and deeper online and in-store customer buying experiences. How? By harnessing the insights delivered by advanced analytics.
For retailers, each step of the consumer buying journey spins off a considerable amount of data unique to that shopper, the product or service, and the distribution system. From social media ads to emails, through in-store or online purchases to post-sale feedback and services, the modern consumer offers retailers a wealth of information
- To remain successful, brick-and-mortar retailers must offer personalized and deeper online and in-store customer buying experiences…
- Through the use of advanced analytics, retailers can gain insights into consumer purchase patterns, preferences, what they put in the cart and then abandon, what services and products they value and how these should be delivered, among other things… These insights become incredibly useful when they enable the business to respond with agility and capitalize on new discoveries about their shoppers…
- Specifically, when mined and analyzed, data can create a better experience for consumers and enable companies to build more personalized, deeper relationships…
Go Read –How Analytics Is Reinvigorating Retail
I hope you found these articles useful. Let me know if you implemented any of these ideas. Let me know if you need any help with any of this stuff.
Check Our Latest Guide
Do you need Help with your Digital Marketing ?