Friday 5 Marketing Observations – Leaders Look Weak When They Use These 15 Phrases
We just lurched in May, It’s hard believe we can cross 4 months of f the calendar.
I wasn’t sure I was going to finish the last blog about knowing your prospects Awareness Levels. I Was just finishing writing The article when I had to do an emergency run to hospital with my daughter. 7 hours later we got the all clear to come home. She’s doing ok now.
Sitting at the Hospital gave me plenty of time to go through my Marketing & business reading list. So my 5 Marketing Observations. Enjoy.
Leaders Look Weak When They Use These 15 Phrases
Which verbal qualifiers do you use? How might they affect how others perceive you?
People judge us by our use of language, so it’s essential to be aware of our own
What do all have in common? They use verbal qualifiers, or “splitters”, which weaken their language. And so they are perceived by others as weak leaders.
- This reminds me of the book Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss & Watson’s Dictionary of Weasel Words,Contemporary Cliches, Cant & Management Jargon by Don Watson… If you havent read these grab a copy…
- Here’s the first 3
- Almost: “I think I’ve said almost everything about that.”
- A Little: “She’s a little challenging to manage.”
- Sort Of: “I sort of want to do that.”
- Strong Words, Strong Leader… Beneath the use of verbal qualifiers lurk our belief system and identity, so there’s more to this than simply word choice. Yet word choice matters. It is an indicator of inner work to be done.you
Adam Savage on Great Tools, Great Projects and Great Lessons (#270)
“A true creator knows that you follow the thing to where it’s going, not to where you think it ought to go.”
— Adam Savage
Adam Savage (TW: @donttrythis IG: @therealadamsavage FB: therealadamsavage) has spent his life gathering skills that allow him to take what’s in his brain and make it real. He’s built everything from ancient Buddhas and futuristic weapons to fine-art sculptures and dancing vegetables.
- Mythbusters was one of my favourite shows… MythBusters, which premiered on Discovery Channel in January 2003. 14 years; 1,015 myths; 2,950 experiments; eight Emmy nominations; and 83 miles of duct tape later, that version of the series ended in March 2016… How sad it end…
- Podcast Tim Ferris Interviews Adam Savages on launching Savages Industries manufacturing his own perfect bag MAFIA BAGS made from recycled sailcloth…
- Adam also shares about his book Every Tool’s a Hammer “…a chronicle of my life as a maker. It’s an exploration of making and of my own productive obsessions, but it’s also a permission slip of sorts from me to you. Permission to grab hold of the things you’re interested in, that fascinate you, and to dive deeper into them to see where they lead you.”…
Time To Reinvent Your Product
The new era of software-driven, smart and connected products has arrived.
- Products are becoming software-driven, smart and connected, enabling new value propositions for makers and users.
- To stay ahead, product-making companies must master the journey to the new product world, what we call Product X.0.
- Hardware and software manufacturers must understand the drivers of change and the implications for their businesses.
- Five big shifts define the new product world – The emergence of the new product world is driven by five big shifts.
- From features to experiences – Product users want devices offering highly personalized and fluid experiences, tailored by use, during use…
- From hardware to as-a-service –Product-making companies turn smart connected products into carriers of services aiming at maximum personalization…
- From products to platforms – Products turn into platforms—either as central anchors or components of platform ecosystems…
- From mechanical to digital and AI – Up to 90 percent of the economic and user value created by a product will soon derive from its digital and software components…
- From linear to agile engineering in the New – Trends one to four will force product companies to put in place new development, innovation, production and product management practices…
- “Traditional products are changing into smart connected products much faster than expected. Their reinvention must involve a radical new product roadmap.” ERIC SCHAEFFER, Senior Managing Director Accenture…
Go Read – Time To Reinvent Your Product
Facebook Is Introducing New Business Tools For Messenger
Facebook’s founder Mark Zuckerberg gave a keynote presentation at the F8 Conference where he revealed…
Facebook is making Messenger even more useful for businesses with tools designed to generate leads and book appointments.
A series of Messenger-related announcements came out of Facebook’s F8 conference on Tuesday with new features coming for businesses and everyday users.
Here are some key takeaways from the conference.
- Facebook’s first major business-related innovation for Messenger was its chatbot program… The company announced since launching the chatbot program two years ago, there are now 300,000 developers on board… I like creating Chatbots & finding ways interact with your web visitors…
- This big adding Lead-generation templates for Messenger ensure bots ask people standardized questions so they can receive a standardized response… The lead generation templates will also come with completion reminders and seamless hand-off to a live agent.
- They are opening up the ability in a beta program allowing customers to book appointments through Messenge
Keep It Local – Why You Shouldn’t Offshore Web Development
A quick fix often is just that, and nobody understands Australia like Australians do. Too many businesses, says Zaac Woodhead, aren’t seeing the value in localised web development, and that’s a big problem.
Having been part of the web development industry for more than 15 years, I’ve seen it go through a huge transformation. When websites first became a part of the marketing strategy they were an add on, a tick in a box, a place consumers could go for basic information.
Today, websites or ‘digital experiences’ are becoming increasingly intrinsic to the overarching business model. The website acts as the front-end interface for customers connecting them to the back-end products and services within an organisation…
- A couple of weeks ago I was asked to fix a friends website… He got a local web developer to build a WordPress Site. His main problem was it was taken 14 sec to load. So it didn’t work very well. It took a while to strip it down & fix the problems. None of the images had been optimised, it was still using 5.2 PHP version. But the strangest thing I found was looking at the coding in the editor it was all in Russian… So it was not real local build. It turned they sub it to some overseas contractor…
- If you have not noticed we are in Australia… Digital retail trends and habits are specific to each market and this is something that must be taken into consideration when building a digital experience. You only have to look at the stark comparisons between Australia and the US to understand how this reigns true…
- Don’t get wrong I don’t have a problem using overseas contractors, you just need to make sure they understand the scope & It’s managed & checked so your software is compliant… I did a project with overseas contractor it went over budget overtime & never worked properly… But I have also had great success because I learnt to document the projects and all the steps involved..
Do you need help with Your Digital Marketing?
Check Our Latest Guide