Friday 5 Marketing Observations – 1 Secret from a Senior Copywriter
I thought it was going to be a quieter week, so I get the chance to do some planning & researching for a couple of new projects. But I got a bunch of referrals from my clients, asking if I would be interested in helping these businesses with their marketing. I’m not complaining, I’m here to help companies with their Digital Marketing.
Get this one of the these referred businesses, just paid over $3,500 to a designer get a new website. Now they just engaged me to fix this site so it works on mobile & loads before you make a coffee. I have to say the design look amazing on a piece paper, unfortunately, websites are dynamic rather than static & most people reach your website by their mobiles. This should not come as a big
I’m rushing off to watch the Swans play Melbourne, so knocking my 5 best Marketing Observations for the week. Go The Swans. Enjoy.
1 Secret from a Senior Copywriter
Ryan McGrath is a copywriting stud. There’s no other way to say it.
His name and achievements hang on the wall at 808 St. Paul Street in Baltimore, Maryland… the headquarters of one of the biggest direct response companies in existence.
It’s not there to identify him as a Senior Copywriter; but, because he’s one of the most accomplished copywriters in the company’s history.
- Ryan writes copy for Agora Financial & his copy generates an average of $10 million in sales per year… I’m lucky because I to eavesdrop on a few dozen A-list marketers as we privately swap our best money-making ideas every week — all hosted by the legendary Agora Financial Copywriting Team
- Ryan’s no 1 the secret to crafting copy which converts cold traffic into buyers “The single most critical factor is that you begin with a Big Marketing Idea.”…
- So you need a Big Marketing Idea, it does the heavy lifting for you… it carries the entire promotion… regardless of your copywriting chops… When you use Big Marketing Ideas, you don’t need great copywriting skills. You don’t need great sales skills. And you don’t need great persuasion skills
Go Read –1 Secret from a Senior Copywriter
What Every CEO Needs To Need About ‘Superstar’ Companies
The superstar effect is real, and in this new competitive environment, strategy matters more than ever.
The rapid growth of very large global companies is fueling widespread debate about “superstar” effects and superstar companies. The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) recently published its first findings in a series of research papers on this topic. One motivating factor for our ongoing research is that even as the debate grows, it is marred by confusing definitions, errors in measurement, and incomplete data—and as a result, the evidence remains inconclusive
- The 80/20 rule pops again McKinsey prefers 90/10 … Among the world’s largest companies, economic profit is distributed unequally along a power curve, with the top 10% of firms capturing 80% of positive economic profit…
- McKinsey analysed 5,750 companies The middle 60% of companies record near-zero economic profit on average, showing how hard it can be to defy market forces. The bottom 10% destroy as much value as superstars create…This scary with a growing number are turning into “zombie” companies, unable to generate enough cash flow even to sustain interest payments on their debts…
- A key distinguishing feature of superstar companies is their investment in intangible assets, such as software, data, brands, customer contracts, supply-chain partnerships, and even training. On an annual basis, superstar companies spend two to three times more on R&D than peers do, accounting for 70 percent of total spending on R&D by the 5,750 largest companies in our analysis…
Get Your Data Structure In Shape For Your Next Step In Customer Segmentation
A combination of data types allows marketers to identify and build out the segment of ideal and high-value customers
Segmentation helps boost the value that marketing teams bring to an organization. I am a big fan of the trusted segmentation toolkit, but for most companies, it can do with a much-needed upgrade.
Growing your current database with high-value customer acquisition seems just the way to get there. A new form of segmentation and targeting can be found with the use of Customer Data Platforms (CDP). A combination of data types allows marketers to identify and build out the segment of ideal, high-value customers.
- With AI (Artifical Intelligence) & the power of Cloud SaaS its now possible to move from standard segmentation to people Resonating with your Content & New customer acquisition Segmentations …
- Segmentation helps you to focus on your most profitable customers… Think of the Pareto principle (or 80/20 rule) The top 20% of your customers likely generate 80% of your revenue…
- Spyder built a “best customer view” and was able to derive high-value customer personas and their profiles… Which resulted in Email list growth of 85%, while the Cost of Acquisition went down… Revenue increase of 94% from targeting in subsequent sales campaigns & Content-focused EDMs generate 52% more revenue…
The “Curse of Knowledge”: How Experts Can Hurt Marketing
Marketers are intimately familiar with their industry and product. But that familiarity isn’t always an advantage.
Often, they unknowingly overwhelm or confuse the same visitors they seek to persuade (with long, jargon-filled product pages, for example).
Your knowledge, in other words, can become a curse—a barrier that keeps you from communicating what customers care about in language they understand.
It’s not inevitable. But you have to know how
- You have to keep in mind while you may have abundant knowledge of your product and your brand, the target doesn’t. Moreover, they probably don’t care
. .Rob Balon, CEO of The Balon Research Group...
- The first step in overcoming the “Curse of Knowledge” is to know your customers… Don’t assume use Qualitative Research, ask your customers why they bought your product or solutions…
- Here’s an example from one of my clients… My client owns a Flooring Company & he wanted to run campaigns for Engineered Flooring. he wanted to go full on technical on, Why they should get Engineered Flooring. The trouble was customers didn’t even know what this or even care. It Turns out Engineered Flooring is the Industry Jargon Flooring Suppliers use to describe Laminated Flooring. Guess what Laminated Floorings in big demand…
23 Top PPC Experts You Should Follow in 2019
Want to learn more about PPC and keep up on the constant changes and news?
Engage in the industry with paid search specialists who have a passion for everything in search and social that is pay-per-click advertising.
There are several amazing people who specialize in PPC and have become experts in paid search marketing for many years.
- Google Ads, Facebook Ads and the other Advertising platforms are constantly changing adding new features incorporating AI (Artificial Intelligence) I fly regularly to the USA to attend Marketing Conferences & Workshops… I paid $5k to spend 3 days with Perry Marshall on learning advance Adwords, the mans a genius…
- I’m sure from this list you’ll find plenty of useful strategies to improve your Adwords, Facebook or even Bing or Linkedin advertising…
- My only complaint with this list is they only give a twitter link to follow the PPC experts unless they write for Search Engine Journal… The could
oflinked to their blogs…
Do you Need help with any of these Marketing Ideas or your Digital Marketing
Check Our Latest Guide